Author Topic: Chatter  (Read 1285 times)

Ixion

• Account Holder
    • View Profile
    • USS Marionette
Chatter
« on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »
Considering that StarfleetUK.org hosts a number of simulations, I'm surprised there isn't more of a community!

The Commodore

• CinC StarFleetUK
    • MSN Messenger - kingemissary@btinternet.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tf7co
    • View Profile
    • StarFleetUK
    • Email
Re: Chatter
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:36:48 PM »
I don't think users like logging their problems on a forum.  I get emails mostly.  Otherwise than that, people are either happy, gone inactive or changed hosts.

It doesn't bother me really.  The cost of running the server is minimal and I don't see it.

It's free, no ads and if new users want more then ask.  Of course if the askings are getting excessive and it'll start to cost then I'll make a decision when I get to it.

Users only need 300MB data, at most 2 SQL databases anyway.  I set up their site for them.  I've gone a bit beyond that and done nova skins, nova updates, put on themes for them.  Even then, they've asked and I've done it, no quibbles or ask for any money.

I'll continue to run this for free until trek simming dies.  It won't so I'll keep it up; I also host any other simming sites ie Babylon 5, done a Hogwarts and a police SIM.  Hence why I wanted to rename or add another domain to cater for the non trek sims.
Commodore StarFleetUK

Ixion

• Account Holder
    • View Profile
    • USS Marionette
Re: Chatter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
Rename? What to?