Author Topic: Cloudflare - stop the hacker  (Read 1183 times)

The Commodore

• CinC StarFleetUK
    • MSN Messenger - kingemissary@btinternet.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tf7co
    • View Profile
    • StarFleetUK
    • Email
Cloudflare - stop the hacker
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:16:02 AM »
I've applied this to the server and it should affect everyone.  I slightly got confused with what part of Cloudflare I should register details where one required a nameserver change and the other didn't.  But it's all set correctly and the nameservers were reset to how they should be according to the server admins.
Because I haven't used the updated version of Cloudflare, I used a simple account but never used it fully; so I went back in, found the sites on there but it wasn't corresponding to the requirements of the Plesk control panel.  So it had taken more fiddling than anticipated.

What Cloudflare does is (https://www.cloudflare.com/overview/)

Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through our intelligent global network. We automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance. We also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.

There were two types, a partner account and a normal account; as I had a legacy login for the normal account, it required me to change the nameservers so it goes through their servers first, then back to the server default.  So I momentarily changed them to those; however the Plesk control panel didn't like the setup.  Therefore I had to create the partner account to which half of it worked, so I had to remove everything off the normal account, move to the partner account and change the nameservers back to the server default.  Then it all worked.

In short, some people's websites will come up immediately and others will be within 24 hours.

Stop the hacker.

Been a member of these for quite a while and are related to Cloudflare.

Detect malware that Antiviruses miss
    Automatic Cleanup
    Blacklist & Reputation Monitoring
    Find security vulnerabilities
    No Installation needed
    Protect your business and revenue stream

https://www.stopthehacker.com/features/

Go have a look.  The web page wont copy very well to paste here.

Commodore StarFleetUK